Business went well; so well, in fact, that in 1935 volunteers appeared to offer assistance by relieving the bank of "cash on hand" and forcing employees and a few customers to lie down on the floor. Fortunately, someone saw what was going on and interrupted the nefarious goings-on.
After the second such happening, the bank headquarters were moved to Ehrhardt, where Gerhard D. Varn served as president for many years with W. H. Varn as Chairman of the Board of Directors.
In 1962 a new building was constructed, leaving its old location which is now Ehrhardt Flower Shop. Later expansion took place and the facility now occupies over seven thousand square feet, doing all operations in-house.
The first off-spring of EBSC was built in Walterboro in 1981 with Wallace McCord as City Executive Officer Manager and Walter D. Mathis as Vice-President.
Since then offices have been opened in Bamberg, Barnwell, Blackville, Cottageville, Denmark, Edisto Island, Ridgeville, Springfield/Salley and Williston.